2007 Fast Fridays Speedway
Gold Country Fairgrounds
Fast Fridays, Auburn, California USA - May 18, 2007
By Gary Roberts
Veteran Mike Faria took his first win of the season with a scratch main event win ahead of Bryan Yarrow and Charlie Venegas. Faria recently celebrated his 50th birthday, which certainly has not slowed him down.
Foresthill youngster, Kenny Ingalls, missed opening night because he was a member of the US Dream Team, touring Britain, competing against Conference League teams. His visit was extended because he was allocated one of the USA’s two places to compete in the quarter finals of the Under 21 World Championship, at Rye House in England, where he took a respectable 10th place, but failed to qualify for the next round. He demonstrated his newly learned skills by winning the Handicap Main event, ahead of Southern California visitors Shawn Harmatiuk and Ricky Wells.
Vallejo’s Kell Kerrigan won the Division 2 main and recent transfer from the youth division, Steve Reese ran away with the Division 3 main.
Scratch Main Event
1. Mike Faria; 2.Bryan Yarrow; 3.Charlie Venegas; 4. Shaun Harmatiuk.
Scratch Consolation Event
1. Ricky Wells; 2.Bart Bast; 3. Tommy Hedden; 4.Kenny Ingalls.
Handicap Main Event
1. Kenny Ingalls; 2.Shaun Harmatiuk; 3. Ricky Wells; 4. Chad Felicio; 5. Bart Bast.
Handicap Consolation Event
1. Charlie Venegas; 2. Bryan Yarrow; 3. Josh West; 4. Matt Proto; 5.Devin Defreece.
Division 2 Main Event
1. Kelly Kerrigan; 2.Ricky Felicio; 3. Danny Turner; 4. Paul Schoen; 5. Tom Fehrman.
Division 2 Consolation Event
1. Johnny Frank; 2. Mike Browne; 3.Danny Poli; 4. Bill Warnock; 5.Josh Everle.
Division 3 Main Event
1. Steven Reece; 2. Mark Leggara; 3. Beau Judge; 4. Adrian Contrares; 5. Glenn Scott.
Division 3 Consolation Event
1. Daniel Faria; 2. Clark Caravella; 3.Ronny Woodsford; 4. Greg Lovlien; 5. Jeff Irwin.
Youth Main Division 1
1.Ben Essary; 2.Cody Cicciarelli; 3. Mitchell Johnson; 4.Bryce Starks.
Youth Main Division 2/3
1. Amber Felicio; 2. Jamison Dilkey; 3. Tyler Warren; 4. Kendra Warren.
Gary Roberts - firstname.lastname@example.org