2007 Fast Fridays Speedway
Gold Country Fairgrounds
Fast Fridays, Auburn, California USA - August 3, 2007
By Gary Roberts
Last week I complained of the lack of riders. This week, for a reason that not even the promoter could explain, there was the best compliment of riders that Fast Fridays has seen all season.
Racing was, as usual, very good. I am not a fan of the 25 lap race, partly because I consider it an unkind thing to do to an engine, but mainly because compared to a 4 lap race, its boring. It takes too long, and its usually difficult to follow, with half the riders on different laps to the other half. Not the case last night, where the 6 finishers of the 8 starters were all on the 25th lap.
But in years to come August 3, 2007 will be remembered as historically significant by virtue of Kenny Ingalls winning his first scratch main event. Kenny went to England in the early season with the dream team, as a 10 yard new first division rider. He came back, won 3 consecutive handicap mains and started stealing wins over established riders. Last night he extended by one, the exclusive club of scratch main event winners.
1. Kenny Ingalls; 2. Mike Faria; 3. Ryan Fisher: 4. Ricky Wells.
1. Tommy Hedden: 2. Bart Bast: 3.Shawn Harmatiuk: 4. Charlie Venegas (qualified, but non-starter).
25 lap Handicap Main
1. Ryan Fisher; 2. Bart Bast; 3. Ricky Wells; 4. Kenny Ingalls; 5.. Mike Faria.
Division 2 Main
1. Steve Lewotsky; 2. Beau Judge; 3. Jim Lewis; 4. Rob Christian; 5. Danny Poli.
Division 2 Consi
1. Steve Rowett; 2. Mike Browne; 3. Danny Turner; 4. Brian Leventon; 5. Les Veale.
Division 3 Main
1. Matt Drury; 2. Kjell Lovlien; 3. Billy Vaughn; 4. Jeff Irwin; 5. Ronny Woodsford.
Division 3 Consi
1. Daniel Faria: 2. Glen Scott; 3. Tori Hubbert: 4. Tor Lovlien: 5. Rich Mignano.
Youths Division 1
1. Bryce Starks; 2. Ben Essary; 3. Mitchell Johnson; 4. Cody Ciciarelli.
Youths Division 2
1. Thomas Reich; 2. Jameson Dilkey; 3. Tyler Warren; 4. Desi Fehrman; 5. Joe Dingle.
Someone mentioned a horribly sobering thought last night. There are only 5 more weeks left in the regular season.
Where did the 2007 season go?
Gary Roberts - firstname.lastname@example.org