Fast Fridays Speedway
Gold Country Fairgrounds
Fast Fridays, Auburn, California USA - July 11, 2008
By Gary Roberts
A very pleasant evening at Auburn. Despite the high temperatures and the horrible smoke from the many wild fires that are burning all over Northern California earlier in the week, Friday evening was clear and temperate and brought out a good crowd were treated to some great races.
In the scratch main Bryan Yarrow got a great gate and was clearly the leader. The other three seemed about equal until Ricky Wells hit the wall on the back straight and seemed sure to fall causing Faria to slow and take avoiding action. Miraculourly Wells stayed aboard but lost ground on Bart Bast, Faria’s race was over.
Alex Marcucci seems doomed forever to lead but never to win the handcap main event. After at least twice having it stolen from him, this year, between the final turn and the tapes, this week he fell while holding a safe lead on the last bend.
Scratch Main Event
1. Bryan Yarrow; 2. Bart Bast; 3. Ricky Wells; 4. Mike Faria.
Scratch Consolation Event
1. Charlie Venegas; 2. Tommy Hedden; 3. Chad Felicio; 4. Jim Lewis.
Handicap Main Event
1. JJ Martynse; 2. Bart Bast; 3. Ricky Wells; 4. Chad Felicio; 5. Kenny Ingalls.
Handicap Consolation Event
1. Tommy Hedden; 2. Bryan Yarrow; 3. Shawn Eldridge; 4. Jim Lewis; 5. Kell Kerrigan.
Division 2 Main Event
1. Charlie Haines; 2. Danny Turner; 3. Danny Faria; 4. Brian Leventon; 5. Jay Ricketts.
Division 2 Consolation Event
1. Tom Fehrman; 2. Mike Achilles; 3. Matt Drury; 4. Johnny Frank; 5. Jeff Irwin.
Division 3 Main Event
1. Doug Geist; 2. Dustin Bedollt; 3. Billy Vaughn; 4. Lenny Bourassa; 5. Richard Fehrman.
Division 3 Consolation Event
1. Adrian Contrares; 2. Tori Hubberts; 3. Glenn Scott; 4. Rich Mignano; 5. Tor Lovlien.
Youth Division 1
1. Thomas Reich; 2. Cody Ciciarelli; 3. Tanner Kane; 4. Amber Felicio.
Youth Division 2
1. Tyler Warren; 2. PJ Byrne; 3. Kendra Warren; 4. Jamison Dilky.
Youth Division 3
1. Joe Dingle; 2. Desi Fehrman; 3. Kevin Black.
The next 2 weeks are special events, deviations from the regular program.
July 18 is the North vs. South. I understand Scott Brant has been lured out of retirement to appear for the South team.
July 25 is the second round of the AMA National Championship series
Gary Roberts - firstname.lastname@example.org