Fast Fridays Speedway
Gold Country Fairgrounds
Fast Fridays, Auburn, California USA - August 15 , 2008
By Gary Roberts
A hot evening, a good consistent race track that got drier throughout the evening, and turned to dust at the end. A number of very good, close races.
The scratch main event was won, yet again by local man Bart Bast. He got a great gate and was pursued by Charlie Venegas on the inside and Tommy Hedden on the outside. This continued until Hedden fell down, and Ricky Wells took over third place.
The Handicap Main was a fast furious affair with Kell Kerrigan starting on the pole, Alex Marcucci on the 10 yards, Kenny Ingalls and Venegas on the 40 and Bast and Hedden on the 50. The latter two edged forward before the start and were moved back to the 60. Kerrigan took the lead and held it for a lap and half, with everyone closing up behind. On turn 3 he fell, every one miraculously missed him, and the race was restarted, with a staggered start and Kerrigan at the back. This was Alex Marcucci’s chance to make a run for it, but he was quickly troubled by Venegas, then Ingalls. Ingalls got past Marcucci and on the last lap, so did Bast. This puts Ingalls back to the 50 yard line next week.
Kenny Ingalls had a good night, scoring a win in the scratch consolation race too.
The Division 2 main was another restarted race after leader Sean Billenstein fell. Former Youth rider Jay Ricketts lead the restart with Danny Turner in second place until Steve Lewotsky ran into the back of him on the last lap. The race was called.
After a couple of Division 3 consolation wins and a couple of second places in the main, Colfax rider Dustin Berdollt had a well deserved win.
Scratch Main Event
1. Bart Bast; 2. Charlie Venegas; 3. Ricky Wells; 4. Tommy Hedden.
Scratch Consolation Event
1. Kenny Ingalls; 2. Bryan Yarrow; 3. Chad Felicio; 4. Alex Marcucci.
Handicap Main Event
1. Kenny Ingalls; 2. Bart Bast; 3. Alex Marcucci; 4. Charlie Venegas; 5. Tommy Hedden.
Handicap Consolation Event
1. Chad Felicio; 2. Ricky Wells; 3. JT Mabry; 4. Bryan Yarrow; 5. Matt Becker.
Challenge Elimination Series
1. Ricky Wells; 2. JJ Martynse; 3. Alex Marcucci; 4. JT Mabry; 5. Devin Defreece.
Division 2 Main Event
1. Jay Ricketts; 2. Danny Turner; 3. Mike Achilles; 4. Steve Lewotsky; 5. Sean Billenstein.
Division 2 Consolation Event
1. Rob Christian; 2. Danny Faria; 3. Mike Browne; 4. Matt Drury; 5. Jeff Irwin.
Division 3 Main Event
1. Dustin Berdoll; 2. Doug Geis; 3. Adrian Contrares; 4. Kjell Lovlien; 5. Glen Scott.
Division 3 Consolation Event
1. Billy Vaughn; 2. Kevin Fereira; 3. Tor Lovlien; 4. Greg Lovlie; 5. Lenny Bourassa.
Youth Division 1
1. Tyler Warren; 2. Thomas Reich; 3.Cody Ciciarelli; 4. Tanner Kane; 5. Amber Felicio.
Youth Division 2 & 3
1.Kendra Warren; 2. Joe Dingle; 3. Jameson Dilkey; 4. Desi Fehrman; 5. Gage Geist.
One more week of point scoring, then the Youth (under 16) and Junior (under 21) National. Rumor has it there will be at least one East Coast competitor for the Junior National.
Gary Roberts - firstname.lastname@example.org