Golden Gate Motor Speedway
Solano County Fairgrounds
August 23, 2008 - Golden Gate Motor Speedway
By Gary Roberts
Another great evening of speedway at Vallejo. There were still problems with the track breaking up developing into several holes.
A jubilent Chad Felicio confessed it was his first ever Scratch Main event win. He won it from the gate, initially with Tommy Hedden pushing him, until Kenny Ingalls took second place, to do the same thing, but Felicio held on for 4 laps. Bart Bast made his first appearance at Vallejo and took fourth place.
The handicap main was less orderly. The winner was Kelly Bennett, who reappeared on the same upright Jawa that he rode when last seen a decade earlier. He admitted, during that time, to having ridden a friend's Harley round the block, but that was all the motorcycle riding practice he had. After a couple of restarts, the race ended when Tommy Hedden, who was in third place at the time, fell, collecting JT Mabry and Ben Essary. At this stage Bennett was proclaimed winner, ahead of Bart Bast.
Scratch Main Event
1. Chad Felicio; 2. Kenny Ingalls; 3. Tommy Hedden; 4. Bart Bast.
Scratch Consolation Event
1. JT Mabry; 2. Matt Becker; 3. Bob Hicks; 4. Ricky Felicio.
Handicap Main Event
1. Kelly Bennett; 2. Bart Bast; 3. JT Mabry; 4. Ben Essary; 5. Bob Hicks.
Handicap Consolation Event
1. Bryce Starks; 2. Kenny Ingalls; 3. Matt Becker; 4. Chad Felicio; 5. Devin Defreece.
Division 2 Main Event
1. Danny Faria; 2. Charlie Haines; 3. Mike Browne; 4. Jeff Irwin ; 5. Shane Loessberg.
Division 2 Consolation Event
1. Doug Geist; 2. Harlan Bast Snr.; 3. Kelly Bennett; 4. Les Veale.
Division 3 Main Event
1. Kjell Lovlien; 2. Dustin Berdollt; 3. Richard Fehrman; 4. John Randolf; 5. Tor Lovlien.
Division 3 Consolation Event
1. Chris Wilkes; 2. Greg Lovlien; 3. Rich Mignano; 4. Tori Hubbert; 5. Michelle Fehrman.
Youth Main event
1. Thomas Reich; 2. Amber Felicio; 3. Cody Ciciarelli; 4. Jameson Dilkey; 5. Desi Fehrman.